In Florida, a defense against drug cultivation and manufacturing drugs usually revolves around the Fourth Amendment. For instance, many law enforcement agencies examine electricity and water charges to determine unusual consumption and then conduct a search of the premises. However, this can be in violation of the rights of the accused. Also, a proper search warrant has to be obtained before the house is searched. Failure to do this can make the evidence inadmissible..
Our Broward Criminal Defense Team will always examine the entire search and arrest procedure to ensure that due process was followed. A law enforcement official investigating a house on a hunch or stopping a car without a lawful reason can be sufficient grounds to get the charges dismissed. In some cases, minimal cultivation or manufacture of drugs can be explained by medical needs.
While Florida has strict laws against the manufacture and cultivation of drugs and imposes severe penalties on offenders, those who are accused of these crimes have the right to be defended.
- An experienced drug crime lawyer will be able to spot any errors in the procedures adopted by the law enforcement authorities and use this to defend the rights of the accused.
- If the offense was committed on the property of the accused when they were not aware of the activities, the defense lawyer will be able to prove this and the innocence of the accused.
Since the penalties for a conviction for drug manufacturing and cultivation depend on the weight of the drug seized, criminal lawyers heavily scrutinize weighing procedures. The weight of the drugs can change due to their hydroscopic nature as well as the addition of other substances to the mixture. If the weight of the controlled substances found in the possession of the accused is lowered through successful defense tactics, the original criminal charges may be reduced.
William Moore is a veteran Broward County drug cultivation lawyer with over 150 criminal jury trials under his belt.
Remember, if you are looking for competent representation, always consider an attorney's past history and experience before deciding. Drug crime convictions can be devastating on the accused and his or her family. Broward Drug Crime Attorney Moore is an aggressive and experienced litigator with a strong local reputation. If you are searching for a criminal lawyer in the Broward area, chances are that you have already been told about the criminal attorneys at William Moore Criminal Defense. Our Broward Criminal Defense Team will always examine the entire search and arrest procedure to ensure that due process was followed. A law enforcement official investigating a house on a hunch or stopping a car without a lawful reason can be sufficient grounds to get the charges dismissed.
Related Articles & Posts
- Drug Manufacturing
- Arrested for Drug Manufacturing, Cultivation or Possession
- Criminal Lawyers West Palm Beach Office
- Drug Possession Lawyers
- Trafficking in Oxycodone
- Drug Possession Defense Attorney
- Custody of Evidence in the Form of Illicit Drugs by Prosecutors Durring Trial
- Can I be charged with trafficking a controlled substance if the drugs were prescription medication?
- What You need to Know about Date Rape Drugs
- Drug Possession Defenses
Criminal Defense Hotline: (954) 523-5333
Speak to a veteran 20 year career criminal lawyer from our Law Firm right here in Broward County.
Any Day/Any Hour, No Waiting, No Consultation Fee
Additional crime topics
- DUI Defense
- Finding the "Best DUI Lawyer in Broward County"
- DUI in Florida
- Florida DUI Law
- What are the penalties for a DUI conviction?
- DUI Practice & Procedure
- Where are Florida DUI Checkpoints?
- Florida DUI Facts
- Defending DUI is Complex
- Repeat DUI
- Self-Representation - Public Defenders
- Challenging Breath Test Results
- Our Broward County DUI Defense Book
- Crime of Fraud
- Disorderly Conduct
- Criminal Mischief
- Shoplifting Lawyers
- Common Criminal Charges
- Grand Theft Auto
- Assault and Battery
- Domestic Battery
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Court Hearings & Motions
- Pre-Trial Motions & Criminal Trial
- Pre-Trial Motions Criminal Law Question & Answer by our Fort Lauderdale Lawyers
- After the Arrest
- Setting a Bond Hearing
- Miranda Rights
- The Officer Didn't Read Me My Rights
- How is a Motion to Suppress Used by the Defense?
- Identification Evidence
- Voice Identification
- Fingerprint Evidence
- Double Jeopardy
- Jurisdiction Limitations of Police Officers
- Plea Agreements in Florida
- Plea Deals
- Violation of Probation