Public service announcements and racially biased propaganda produced and financed by activist groups who advocate against domestic battery, spousal abuse, dating violence and stocking violence. Each of these illustrations illustrate unaccepted bias if not belief that men were the cause of all violence that targeted women. See May 2014 article by William R. Moore titled Female vs. Male Victims of Domestic Battery. Public service announcements and racially biased propaganda produced and financed by activist groups who advocate against domestic battery, spousal abuse, dating violence and stocking violence. Each of these illustrations illustrate unaccepted bias if not belief that men were the cause of all violence that targeted women. See May 2014 article by William R. Moore titled Female vs. Male Victims of Domestic Battery.
Domestic violence arrest and prosecution in Broward County Florida.
Over the last 20 years, I have practiced criminal law almost daily before judges at the Broward County central courthouse. As violent crime has been a specific career focus of mine for some time, I have had the occasion to defend hundreds of cases in domestic violence courtrooms. For noncriminal attorneys reviewing this article, the crime of domestic violence is one of the only areas required under Florida law to be presided over by special judges assigned to domestic violence crime only.
Observations by one criminal lawyer over the past two decades.
About 15 years ago I made it a point to start noting the approximate percentages of man being prosecuted on a daily basis for domestic violence as opposed to women. Male defendants outweighed the women by about 80% to 20%. This of course is due to several key factors, the most important of which are the campaigns that peaked in the mid-1990s and of which portrayed men as the absolute cause of one of South Florida most significant societal problems.
This came at a time when Fort Lauderdale police officers were issued guidelines regarding police procedures otherwise requiring arrest whenever they were called out to a domestic disturbance. By this time both law enforcement in South Florida and its residents alike have been biased quite strongly against the man in any domestic dispute.
Related Articles & Posts
- I was arrested for domestic violence and now I'm not allowed in my home what can I do?
- Accused of Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence: Defense Issues
- Domestic Violence Waiver of Prosecution
- Domestic Violence in Broward County: Still an Akward Political Crime
- Domestic Violence Case No Contact Order
- Domestic Violence Arrest
- Domestic Battery
- Domestic Violence Issues
- Age and Domestic Violence
Criminal Defense Hotline: (954) 523-5333
Speak to a veteran 20 year career criminal lawyer from our Law Firm right here in Broward County.
Any Day/Any Hour, No Waiting, No Consultation Fee
Additional crime topics
- DUI Defense
- Finding the "Best DUI Lawyer in Broward County"
- DUI in Florida
- Florida DUI Law
- What are the penalties for a DUI conviction?
- DUI Practice & Procedure
- Where are Florida DUI Checkpoints?
- Florida DUI Facts
- Defending DUI is Complex
- Repeat DUI
- Self-Representation - Public Defenders
- Challenging Breath Test Results
- Our Broward County DUI Defense Book
- Crime of Fraud
- Disorderly Conduct
- Criminal Mischief
- Shoplifting Lawyers
- Common Criminal Charges
- Grand Theft Auto
- Assault and Battery
- Domestic Battery
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Court Hearings & Motions
- Pre-Trial Motions & Criminal Trial
- Pre-Trial Motions Criminal Law Question & Answer by our Fort Lauderdale Lawyers
- After the Arrest
- Setting a Bond Hearing
- Miranda Rights
- The Officer Didn't Read Me My Rights
- How is a Motion to Suppress Used by the Defense?
- Identification Evidence
- Voice Identification
- Fingerprint Evidence
- Double Jeopardy
- Jurisdiction Limitations of Police Officers
- Plea Agreements in Florida
- Plea Deals
- Violation of Probation