Operation Southeast Auction Service: 120 Arrested in Sting Operation
In this year-long undercover operation, Hillsborough County sheriff’s deputies nabbed over 120 thieves and netted almost $1.5 million.
In October, the deputies opened a business called Southeast Auction Service on West Waters in Tampa. They bought illegal and/or stolen guns and drugs. They recovered 102 guns, 50 vehicles (including construction trucks), 40 pounds of cocaine. $78,000 in cash was also seized.
An additional 20 people were identified in the sting, but not arrested by this past Wednesday. Deputies knew these suspects would be difficult to catch, so they set up a ruse offering those suspect a chance at winning a trip to the Orient. Such tactics are often used by law enforcement to locate suspects. Criminal Defense attorneys in South Florida have consistently challenged the level of deception that officers may employ in a criminal investigation for years.
The fake raffle led to ten additional arrests.
Contact our Criminal Attorneys in Broward County for more information about this correspondence.
Related Articles & Posts
- Battery on Police Officer
- Another Officer Impersonation Arrest in Broward
- Cities Served
- Lowest crime rate since 1970 - BSO Responds with Massive Sting Operation
- West Palm Beach DUI Lawyer – Follow Up on Palm Beach County Blood Tests
- Can a Police Officer Stop and Frisk Me?
- Miramar Prison Guard Arrested for Drug Operation
- Stopping Officer
- Search Warrants for Blood Tests
- Criminal Attorney Talks About Fingerprinting
Criminal Defense Hotline: (954) 523-5333
Speak to a veteran 20 year career criminal lawyer from our Law Firm right here in Broward County.
Any Day/Any Hour, No Waiting, No Consultation Fee
Additional crime topics
- DUI Defense
- Finding the "Best DUI Lawyer in Broward County"
- DUI in Florida
- Florida DUI Law
- What are the penalties for a DUI conviction?
- DUI Practice & Procedure
- Where are Florida DUI Checkpoints?
- Florida DUI Facts
- Defending DUI is Complex
- Repeat DUI
- Self-Representation - Public Defenders
- Challenging Breath Test Results
- Our Broward County DUI Defense Book
- Crime of Fraud
- Disorderly Conduct
- Criminal Mischief
- Shoplifting Lawyers
- Common Criminal Charges
- Grand Theft Auto
- Assault and Battery
- Domestic Battery
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Court Hearings & Motions
- Pre-Trial Motions & Criminal Trial
- Pre-Trial Motions Criminal Law Question & Answer by our Fort Lauderdale Lawyers
- After the Arrest
- Setting a Bond Hearing
- Miranda Rights
- The Officer Didn't Read Me My Rights
- How is a Motion to Suppress Used by the Defense?
- Identification Evidence
- Voice Identification
- Fingerprint Evidence
- Double Jeopardy
- Jurisdiction Limitations of Police Officers
- Plea Agreements in Florida
- Plea Deals
- Violation of Probation