William Moore offers diligent representation of clients in Broward County. For more information please contact Diane Matson or William Moore today. The criminal defense attorneys at William Moore have been representing clients in South Florida for over a decade. If you have been charged with a crime and are unsure about how to proceed, please call any of our offices and schedule a complimentary criminal case consultation today. Our Broward County office is open Monday through Friday from 8 am. to 7 pm. Weekend appointments are available ever first and second Saturday of the month.
Hollywood Criminal Defense Attorney Fact:
Where personal property has been taken, all courts agree that the defendant may use reasonable non-deadly force to recapture it, provided that he does so immediately following the taking.
Hollywood Criminal Defense Lawyer Update - Robbery with a Firearm
If in the course of committing the robbery the offender carries a firearm or other deadly weapon, the robbery is a felony of the first degree. If the offender carries a weapon, the offense is a first-degree felony punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not to exceed life imprisonment or as provided by law. If the offender carries no firearm, deadly weapon, or other weapon then the robbery is a second-degree felony punishable as provided by law.
Observation: An act is deemed "in the course of committing the robbery" if it occurs in an attempt to commit robbery or in flight after the attempt or commission.
Related Articles & Posts
- South Florida Armed Robbery Lawyer
- The West Palm Beach Criminal Lawyer: Weapon Offenses in Florida
- The West Palm Beach Criminal Lawyer: Armed Robbery with a Toy Gun
- Battery Arrest and Prosecution
- Defending Criminal Assault Arrests
- Graffiti Becomes Issue in Hollywood, FL
- Burglary Defense
- Firearm Defense: Carrying Concealed Weapon
- Can I argue self defense if charged with posession of a firearm by a convicted felon?
- Assault and Battery Arrests
Criminal Defense Hotline: (954) 523-5333
Speak to a veteran 20 year career criminal lawyer from our Law Firm right here in Broward County.
Any Day/Any Hour, No Waiting, No Consultation Fee
Additional crime topics
- DUI Defense
- Finding the "Best DUI Lawyer in Broward County"
- DUI in Florida
- Florida DUI Law
- What are the penalties for a DUI conviction?
- DUI Practice & Procedure
- Where are Florida DUI Checkpoints?
- Florida DUI Facts
- Defending DUI is Complex
- Repeat DUI
- Self-Representation - Public Defenders
- Challenging Breath Test Results
- Our Broward County DUI Defense Book
- Crime of Fraud
- Disorderly Conduct
- Criminal Mischief
- Shoplifting Lawyers
- Common Criminal Charges
- Grand Theft Auto
- Assault and Battery
- Domestic Battery
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Court Hearings & Motions
- Pre-Trial Motions & Criminal Trial
- Pre-Trial Motions Criminal Law Question & Answer by our Fort Lauderdale Lawyers
- After the Arrest
- Setting a Bond Hearing
- Miranda Rights
- The Officer Didn't Read Me My Rights
- How is a Motion to Suppress Used by the Defense?
- Identification Evidence
- Voice Identification
- Fingerprint Evidence
- Double Jeopardy
- Jurisdiction Limitations of Police Officers
- Plea Agreements in Florida
- Plea Deals
- Violation of Probation