Welcome to the website of William Moore Criminal Defense. We defend clients accused of drunk driving and related offenses throughout South Florida and maintain offices in Fort Lauderdale. Our law firm constantly strives to improve upon the art of DUI defense. This website, together with the various magazines published by our office, are designed to better inform individuals charged with DUI by the Florida State Attorney's office. Throughout this site's pages you will find information on everything from general criminal defense techniques, driving under the influence, court procedures, and the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles and its administrative process.
A DUI is not a mere traffic ticket, but rather a serious offense that can have lifelong effects on your future employment or education goals. A conviction for DUI can have devastating effects on your insurance and privilege to drive. Remember, an arrest for DUI in no way amounts to a conviction. The Florida State Attorney's office is charged with the great burden of proving the allegations beyond and to the exclusion of any and all doubt. Our lawyers have been attacking mistakes made by police officers in DUI arrests for over 16 years and posts successful cases on the internet every few months so that they may be reviewed by potential clients.
Mistakes made by police officers during the investigative process of a DUI can be devastating to the prosecutor's case in chief. Most often this is the result of an illegal stop of an individual's automobile, excessive force, and/or the length of and reason for a stop. It is important to remember that a police officer must have probable cause before an arrest is made and that failure to follow strict guidelines leading up to and following that arrest may result in an outright dismissal of your case.
A failure to give Miranda warnings as well as implied consent warnings may also seriously damage a case pending against a DUI defendant. Sobriety checkpoints have been a big topic of debate, and the strict guidelines imposed on law enforcement to conduct such roadblocks are so stringent that very few DUI convictions are obtained as a result. The law offices of William Moore Criminal Defense has challenged such unlawful infringements on motorists for years with great success. We will vigorously fight for your rights and seek to protect not only your liberty but also your privilege to drive an automobile.
Should you have any questions about the charges pending against you or a loved one, do not hesitate to call William Moore Criminal Defense. You may also contact us online. We are available to answer your questions 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
William Moore, Admitted Florida 1997.
DUI/ Drunk Driving
Driving and Boating Under the Influence
DUI & Drugs In System
Another Motion to Suppress Granted, Resulting in Dismissal of Aggravated DUI
Sherriff's Office DUI Unit - DUI Attorney Overview
Alcohol Facts, Abuse and Dependence
Probable Cause and DUI
Driving Under the Influence
Related Articles & Posts
- Broward DUI Lawyer: Driving Under the Influence on a Bicycle
- St. Lucie Deputy Arrested for Driving Under the Influence
- Fort Lauderdale Criminal Lawyers who defend Driving Under the Influence
- Driving Under the Influence & Prescrption Drugs -- Broward DUI Attorney
- DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION:
- Driving Under the Influence & Immigration Consequences
- What Signs of Driving Under the Influence Do Law Enforcement Officials Look For?
- Driving Under the Influence
- Police Officer from Coconut Creek Arrested for Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Vero Beach Count Administrator Cleared of Driving Under the Influence
Criminal Defense Hotline: (954) 523-5333
Speak to a veteran 20 year career criminal lawyer from our Law Firm right here in Broward County.
Any Day/Any Hour, No Waiting, No Consultation Fee
Additional crime topics
- DUI Defense
- Finding the "Best DUI Lawyer in Broward County"
- DUI in Florida
- Florida DUI Law
- What are the penalties for a DUI conviction?
- DUI Practice & Procedure
- Where are Florida DUI Checkpoints?
- Florida DUI Facts
- Defending DUI is Complex
- Repeat DUI
- Self-Representation - Public Defenders
- Challenging Breath Test Results
- Our Broward County DUI Defense Book
- Crime of Fraud
- Disorderly Conduct
- Criminal Mischief
- Shoplifting Lawyers
- Common Criminal Charges
- Grand Theft Auto
- Assault and Battery
- Domestic Battery
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Court Hearings & Motions
- Pre-Trial Motions & Criminal Trial
- Pre-Trial Motions Criminal Law Question & Answer by our Fort Lauderdale Lawyers
- After the Arrest
- Setting a Bond Hearing
- Miranda Rights
- The Officer Didn't Read Me My Rights
- How is a Motion to Suppress Used by the Defense?
- Identification Evidence
- Voice Identification
- Fingerprint Evidence
- Double Jeopardy
- Jurisdiction Limitations of Police Officers
- Plea Agreements in Florida
- Plea Deals
- Violation of Probation