DUI lawyers in Broward County Florida unanimously agree that Intoxilyzer results of a .08 or above can be extremely damaging to a client's case. Our South Florida population generally believes that CMI's breath test machine is accurate.
In Broward County Florida DUI Investigations, the DUI Breath Test is Conducted by Using an Intoxylyzer 8000.
The Intoxilyzer 8000 is used in Florida DUI investigations and has been routinely challenged by criminal defense attorneys in Broward County. in recent years with more and more frequency. Issues that tend to make the breath machine such a controversial topic in DUI prosecution is the fact that they effectively replace our constitutional right to have the Broward County State Attroeny's Office prove each and every element of an offense beyond and to the exclusion of any and all reasonable doubt.
Attorney William Moore cautions against laws that act as a gateway to erode our constitutional rights and protections. Visit Fort Lauderdale, Florida DUI to learn more about how we help people that have been charged with DUI.
The CMI Intoxilyzer 8000 is used by police to Conduct a DUI Breath Test in Broward County According to DUI Attorney Moore
This machine has to be maintained and free of manipulation according to Moore. Until you really get into the effect of liberal DUI laws, it is hard to grasp the overall effect that statutory leniency can have on our criminal justice system overall.
According to DUI Attorneys the new Intoxilyzer 8000 has many differences from the older Intoxilyzer 5000, but the principles upon which the device purports to gauge a driver's blood alcohol content are very similar. The Intoxilyzer 8000 uses the principle of infrared light absorption to attempt to estimate the present of alcohol in a gas sample.
Related Articles & Posts
- Florida Judge Dismisses Breath Evidence in 19 DUI Cases
- DUI Task Force Unit
- Breath Tests in Broward County Called Into Question After Operator Fired
- Breathalyzer Tests Questioned After Calibration Error, Says Broward DUI Attorney
- When a Breath Test Operator Doesn't Remember Conducting DUI Investigation?
- To Blow or Not to Blow: Whether or Not to Take the Breathalyzer Test
- Cities Served
- DMV, DUI and Administrative Review
- Additional Things you Should Know Before Being Stopped for DUI in Broward County
- Understanding Breathalyzers
Criminal Defense Hotline: (954) 523-5333
Speak to a veteran 20 year career criminal lawyer from our Law Firm right here in Broward County.
Any Day/Any Hour, No Waiting, No Consultation Fee
Additional crime topics
- DUI Defense
- Finding the "Best DUI Lawyer in Broward County"
- DUI in Florida
- Florida DUI Law
- What are the penalties for a DUI conviction?
- DUI Practice & Procedure
- Where are Florida DUI Checkpoints?
- Florida DUI Facts
- Defending DUI is Complex
- Repeat DUI
- Self-Representation - Public Defenders
- Challenging Breath Test Results
- Our Broward County DUI Defense Book
- Crime of Fraud
- Disorderly Conduct
- Criminal Mischief
- Shoplifting Lawyers
- Common Criminal Charges
- Grand Theft Auto
- Assault and Battery
- Domestic Battery
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Court Hearings & Motions
- Pre-Trial Motions & Criminal Trial
- Pre-Trial Motions Criminal Law Question & Answer by our Fort Lauderdale Lawyers
- After the Arrest
- Setting a Bond Hearing
- Miranda Rights
- The Officer Didn't Read Me My Rights
- How is a Motion to Suppress Used by the Defense?
- Identification Evidence
- Voice Identification
- Fingerprint Evidence
- Double Jeopardy
- Jurisdiction Limitations of Police Officers
- Plea Agreements in Florida
- Plea Deals
- Violation of Probation