The First DUI Perpetrators
Criminal Attorneys in Broward County have seen people charged with DUI for operating lawn mowers and go-carts, but it has been some time since we have seen a charge for riding a horse while impaired. This is likely to be the first form of transportation that citizens used following the consumption of alcohol. Famous historical figures were well known for being big drinkers. The cause of death of Alexander the Great is unknown but many have theorized that he died of alcohol poisoning. Regardless of what killed old Alex, the consensus is that he indulged liberally in alcohol. Further, this consumption undoubtedly led to many rides on horseback while under the influence. Similarly Attila the Hun also allegedly died from alcohol poisoning (on the night of his marriage). Regardless of the true determination of death, Attila did consume alcohol in copious amounts and was rarely off the back of a horse. Like Alexander, it can be safely assumed that Attila the Hun often rode a horse while under the influence of alcohol. Additionally, in ancient Rome many chariots must have been powered by an intoxicated driver, the equivalent of our celebrity race car drivers today.
Related Articles & Posts
- Strange but True DUI Stories from Fort Lauderdale DUI Lawyer Direnzo
- DUI Manslaughter Issues by Fort Lauderdale DUI Lawyer
- Broward DUI Lawyer – DUI Not Just for Driving and Not Just for Alcohol
- Common DUI Myths Addressed by Broward DUI Lawyer
- DUI & Multiple Substances
- MICKEY ROURKE ARRESTED FOR DUI IN FLORIDA.
- DUI and Drugs
- Fort Lauderdale DUI Attorney on Ignition Interlocks
- DUI vs Boating Under the Influence
- Florida DUI Law
Criminal Defense Hotline: (954) 523-5333
Speak to a veteran 20 year career criminal lawyer from our Law Firm right here in Broward County.
Any Day/Any Hour, No Waiting, No Consultation Fee
Additional crime topics
- DUI Defense
- Finding the "Best DUI Lawyer in Broward County"
- DUI in Florida
- Florida DUI Law
- What are the penalties for a DUI conviction?
- DUI Practice & Procedure
- Where are Florida DUI Checkpoints?
- Florida DUI Facts
- Defending DUI is Complex
- Repeat DUI
- Self-Representation - Public Defenders
- Challenging Breath Test Results
- Our Broward County DUI Defense Book
- Crime of Fraud
- Disorderly Conduct
- Criminal Mischief
- Shoplifting Lawyers
- Common Criminal Charges
- Grand Theft Auto
- Assault and Battery
- Domestic Battery
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Court Hearings & Motions
- Pre-Trial Motions & Criminal Trial
- Pre-Trial Motions Criminal Law Question & Answer by our Fort Lauderdale Lawyers
- After the Arrest
- Setting a Bond Hearing
- Miranda Rights
- The Officer Didn't Read Me My Rights
- How is a Motion to Suppress Used by the Defense?
- Identification Evidence
- Voice Identification
- Fingerprint Evidence
- Double Jeopardy
- Jurisdiction Limitations of Police Officers
- Plea Agreements in Florida
- Plea Deals
- Violation of Probation