Following an arrest for Drunk Driving in Broward County, Florida, you may be dropped from you current carrier. However, there are options.
Fort Lauderdale DUI Lawyer William Moore often lectures on Driving Under the Influence Issues. Recently, he explained that all insurance companies check their insured's motor vehicle records every few years. Customers applying for new policies are required to have their record inspected before a new policy is written. In the past, tickets and traffic/criminal infractions such as DUI could have missed appearing on one's record, and subsequently been missed by the DMV and insurance companies. Today, however, with advances in computer technology and the internet, it is almost unheard of for any insurance company to miss a DUI conviction of an insured.
Upon learning of a DUI conviction, insurance companies will either raise rates immediately or cancel an existing policy. Notices are sent out almost without delay and any insurance company can cancel the policy of one of its customers even before that individual is convicted of the offense charged.
Florida requires all drivers previously convicted of a DUI to obtain an SR-22 policy from their insurers. An SR-22 policy requires insurance companies to notify the DMV if they in fact, cancel your policy for any reason.
Fort Lauderdale DUI Lawyer Moore Emphasizes the Importance of maintaining car insurance while charges are pending
The William Moore Law Firm is a Fort Lauderdale criminal defense law firm offering decades of experienced legal representation and knowledge that is aggressive and skilled in the art of criminal defense. William Moore Criminal Defense for immediate legal answers and available representation in Broward County.
Related Articles & Posts
- How does a DUI Effect Employment and Future?
- Required Proof in DUI Cases
- Fraudulent Insurance Application
- Florida DUI Law
- Florida DUI Lawyer on DUI Administrative Penalties
- Criminal Attorney on Insurance Fraud
- Contact Us
- DUI Checkpoints Don’t Work According to Fort Lauderdale DUI Laywers
- DUI Mandatory Sentences
- GET ARRESTED FOR DUI AND HAVE YOUR NAME DRAGGED THROUGH THE MUD.
Criminal Defense Hotline: (954) 523-5333
Speak to a veteran 20 year career criminal lawyer from our Law Firm right here in Broward County.
Any Day/Any Hour, No Waiting, No Consultation Fee
Additional crime topics
- DUI Defense
- Finding the "Best DUI Lawyer in Broward County"
- DUI in Florida
- Florida DUI Law
- What are the penalties for a DUI conviction?
- DUI Practice & Procedure
- Where are Florida DUI Checkpoints?
- Florida DUI Facts
- Defending DUI is Complex
- Repeat DUI
- Self-Representation - Public Defenders
- Challenging Breath Test Results
- Our Broward County DUI Defense Book
- Crime of Fraud
- Disorderly Conduct
- Criminal Mischief
- Shoplifting Lawyers
- Common Criminal Charges
- Grand Theft Auto
- Assault and Battery
- Domestic Battery
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Court Hearings & Motions
- Pre-Trial Motions & Criminal Trial
- Pre-Trial Motions Criminal Law Question & Answer by our Fort Lauderdale Lawyers
- After the Arrest
- Setting a Bond Hearing
- Miranda Rights
- The Officer Didn't Read Me My Rights
- How is a Motion to Suppress Used by the Defense?
- Identification Evidence
- Voice Identification
- Fingerprint Evidence
- Double Jeopardy
- Jurisdiction Limitations of Police Officers
- Plea Agreements in Florida
- Plea Deals
- Violation of Probation